Sunday, August 14, 2005

Time change and departure!

Bulgaria is 8 hours ahead of central time- so all and all- not too bad for trying to keep in touch!

Staging has been okay. Thankfully, we were not subjected to gruelling icebreakers, so that has definately made the experience better! there are 50 total trainees in the group, and I think that after 26 hours of knowing them, I can name them all! Three trainees are from montana, and we even have a U of Minn. grad amongst us! my roommate (from montana) has been FANTASTIC. Her name is Vassi, and she was actaully born in Bulgaria, but has been living in the states for quite awhile. She's a ton of fun and has certainly livened up the group! during training, some diplomats from the Bulgarian Embassy made a suprise visit- how exciting! this does not happen often, so we were quite fortunate.

Once I arrive in BG, we will stay at a modest hotel for one week (nearly) before meeting our host families. after that, most of our training will be in groups of 5 or6 and will take place in the village that our host family calls home.

I'm sure some of you are really sick of updates, as most of them are mundane and non-descriptive, but I wanted to say hi again before I leave the states!

3 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toni!
I hope you are adjusting well to your new enviorment! I can't wait to hear about your experiences. How lucky to have a roommate so connected to the country. Jim and I really appreciate you leaving those tickets for us. We are pretty excited about our weekend outing. Make sure to take in all that you are doing and seeing. Take a little Toni time each day to though! That is important. Good Luck Hon!
Love,
Kari and Jim

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toni,
just wanted to say Hi! Trying to get caught up on housework before I have to go back to work. That and drink! Have a wonderful time and will keep looking for updates

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger vassi said...

Hey Beautiful Lady,
Just want to check in and give you a virtual hug. Hope your homestay experience is going well. I'm lookin' forward to reading your updates and seeing you at HUB in a week! Maybe we can get together and go to Plovdiv sometime...bust some moves in the discotheques over there...have fun!
Love,
vassi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home